Fraud & Claims Ops Specialist 3 - CCNFJob ID 5546613
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Fraud and Claims Operations Specialist 3 representatives in the Credit Card, Non-fraud claims resolution dept. balance exceptional customer service with strong investigative research while working with internal and external Wells Fargo customers who suspect they have fraudulent, mis-posted, merchant disputes or other unusual activity on their accounts.
- Customer contact is made through inbound and/or outbound calling to complete investigation. May also involve contacting third parties for research.
- May utilize strong communication (verbal and written) skills to establish rapport with customer to de-escalate difficult and sensitive information as a part of resolving a claim.
- Mitigate risk by effectively authenticating the identity of customers to prevent further fraudulent activity.
- Reviews, verifies and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/prevent fraud, policy violations or resolve merchant disputes in order to mitigate and/or recover losses. May be responsible for multiple claim types.
- Monitors and reviews complex account activity requiring research that may involve multiple transaction channels and products to reach resolution using multiple systems and applications.
- May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assigning loss accountability. May participate in special projects.
- Additional duties may include: closing and/or reissuing cards or accounts, researching or placing holds and restraints, reversing fees, and/or referring accounts for suspected elder abuse, identity theft, or account misuse.
Training class begins 8/03/2020. Training hours are 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday for 6 weeks.
Working Schedules after training:
- Schedule includes an 8 hour shift either Saturday between 6:00am-4:30pm or Sunday from 6:00am - 2:30pm. Weekday hours are Monday – Friday with your choice of Wed. or Thurs. off and your choice of an 8 hour shift between 6:00am–6:00pm.
Location: 7000 Vista Dr. West Des Moines, IA
CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES! You will have an opportunity to participate in a career growth program to help you achieve your development and career goals.
• Many possibilities to advance in this role! We have Specialty Teams within this department!
• Progressive Career Path: Fraud & Claims Operations Specialist 3 & 4; Fraud & Claims Analyst 1 & 2; Fraud & Claims Operations Manager 1 & 2 or Fraud & Claims Ops Consultant 2 & 3
• Salary - Highly Competitive Salary!
• Benefit packages include Medical, Dental and Vision Plans for team member and family!
• 401k – up to 6% company match!
• New Team members may be eligible to receive up to 30 paid days off annually, to include 10 bank holidays and 2 personal holidays.
• Tuition Reimbursement Opportunity!
IA-West Des Moines: 7000 Vista Drive - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.