Strategic Sourcing Consultant 1Job ID 5567562
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
The Strategic Sourcing Group within Supply Chain Management is responsible for leading the end-to-end third party service provider selection and contracting process to enable expense optimization, and reduce vendor contract risk in support of both Line of Business (LOB) and enterprise objectives.
Wells Fargo is currently seeking a successful Strategic Sourcing Consultant 1 who will be responsible for developing strategic sourcing strategies, managing spend categories, and leading contract negotiations for medium to high risk products and/or services. They will control all aspects of negotiations for their deals, customize contract risk terms and draft non-standard contract terms and conditions to proactively address Strategic Sourcing business and risk concerns. Additionally the SSC1 will research and analyze contract data, business goals and market conditions to proactively identify cost savings opportunities and be accountable for category savings targets and performance measures.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supports required spend categories, and takes a key role in the development of a negotiations strategy
- Works with stakeholders to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply/service market strategies
- Establishes supplier evaluation/selection criteria and coordinates supplier due diligence activities
- Supports e-business (procure-to-pay), diversity, environmental, and Strategic Sourcing cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies
- Uses experience, supply base knowledge, benchmarking data, and market conditions to determine appropriate supply-side and demand-side category levers
Other Desired Qualifications
- Existing sourcing and negotiation experience through management of spend analysis and development of strategic sourcing strategies
- Experience with supplier contract negotiations, Strategic Sourcing contracting and purchasing processes, IT terminology and RFx event setup and coordination
- Benchmarking and analysis capabilities
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.