Junior Leaders Conference
The Junior Leaders Conference is a multi-day program designed to increase your understanding of financial services and the various businesses and career paths at Wells Fargo.
A select group of high-performing students will be invited to participate. The conference is designed to be a best-in-class program to pipeline high-potential candidates. Wells Fargo will focus on candidates from diverse backgrounds who are female, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, two or more races, LGBTQ, military veterans or students with disabilities for our junior summer internships.
Conference activities include:
· Early consideration for openings in 2022 Junior Summer Internships
· Panel discussions with analysts, managers, and senior leaders
· Professional development workshops
· Networking with analysts and senior bankers
We will continue to involve additional groups across the company to provide more opportunities for top talent at Wells Fargo. Below are the teams that will be participating (groups are subject to change):
· Corporate Risk provides effective risk oversight and decision-making across the organization. We are closely integrated with Wells Fargo businesses providing risk management and a clear engagement model that promotes challenge and the escalation of material issues and information to the right audiences. We are committed to setting a global standard in managing all forms of risk (operational, market, credit, compliance, etc.) and helping to serve customers’ needs while protecting their assets, information, and privacy.
· Control Management is a front-line organization that works with business leaders to assess and mitigate operational risk in the business groups and functions across Wells Fargo. We are committed to developing and maintaining a strong business control infrastructure in place to protect the business and provide a positive client experience.
· Finance is responsible for identifying areas of financial risk and for providing strategic counsel to Wells Fargo lines of business and enterprise functions around the world. We’re charged with driving Wells Fargo’s financial performance and management and we do so by effectively tracking, analyzing, and offering global support and by reporting the company’s financial results to shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, and leaders across the company. These enterprise functions include accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios.
· Wealth and Investment Management is one of the leading providers of financial and investment services offering a full range of personalized products and financial services to meet the unique needs of our clients. WIM offers a leadership development program where individuals have an opportunity to learn how Wells Fargo helps our clients achieve financial goals through brokerage, comprehensive planning and advice, estate planning strategies, insurance, investment management, private banking, retirement, and trust. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence.
· Wealth and Investment Management Operations is an enterprise function of the Wealth & Investment Management group that sits within the Chief Operating Office. WIM Operations is responsible for building a more unified, more integrated approach to Wells Fargo’s business operations functions. This includes contact center operations, client servicing support, money movements within our businesses, lending operations, and other functions. By taking a more integrative approach to these functions, Wells Fargo will be able deliver a more consistent experience for our customers and operate more efficiently.
· Wells Fargo's Cards, Retail & Merchant Services (CRMS) business empowers millions of customers achieve their dreams every day. Card Services resides in the Consumer Lending line of business and provides important credit products and services that empower our customers. The Consumer Lending business includes Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards, Retail & Merchant Services, Personal Lending, Control, and Shared Services. The Card Services team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. CRMS functions include marketing, business strategy & analytics, credit solutions collections, servicing & operations, product management & loyalty solutions, and relationship management.
Financial Analyst Program (credit and lending groups):
· Middle Market Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of products and industry experience to serve the financial needs of companies with annual sales typically ranging from $5 million to $2 billion. As a leader in serving commercial customers, Wells Fargo offers financial services including credit and treasury management solutions as well as a specialized industries including Technology, Food, Beverage & Agribusiness, Investor Real Estate and Government.
· Commercial Capital is a market leader in providing working capital, sales financing, investment capital, trust services, strategic capital, and renewables project finance serving customers through six core businesses: Capital Finance, Commercial Distribution Finance, Equipment Finance, Renewable Energy & Environment Finance, and Specialty Finance.
Conference Dates and Locations
Virtual - August 25 - 26, 2021
The program is open to juniors pursuing a bachelor's degree in any major with an anticipated graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023. You must not already be committed to another summer internship in order to apply for the forum opportunity.
The application window is open from May 7, 2021 - June 1, 2021. To apply, visit www.wellsfargo.com/careers and search for Job ID 5573070
Back to University Programs Home Page
Click link to Meet our Team Members