Explore our Quantitative Analytics Program
The rotational Quantitative Analytics program is designed to provide you with the opportunity to gain comprehensive professional and industry experience that prepares you to develop, implement, calibrate, and validate various analytical models. Wells Fargo hires a number of PhDs and Master’s Candidates within the Capital Markets, and Risk Analytics and Decision Science teams.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile. Select "Early Career/College" as your Career Status.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Developing and validating models for different uses under the direction of experienced team members according to the track of your choice:
The Capital Markets Track deals with the mathematical models for pricing, hedging and risking complex financial instruments. Wells Fargo trading portfolios include products in all traded asset classes such as credit, commodity, Equity, FX Rate, Mortgages, and Asset-Backed Finance.
The Risk Analytics & Decision Science Track deals with the statistical, econometric, and machine-learning/AI models for a variety of applications, including loss and revenue forecasting, credit decisions, financial crimes, fair lending, operational risks, and analysis of unstructured data such as text and audio.
- Producing required documentation to evidence model development or validation
- Staying up to speed on industry challenges and new and innovative modeling techniques used across Wells Fargo to solve business problems or enhance business capabilities
- Participating in model-related projects for varying purposes, methodologies, and relevant lines of business
- Providing solutions to business needs and analyzing workflow processes to make recommendations for process improvement in risk management
- Understanding business needs and providing possible solutions through clear verbal and written communications to management and fellow employees
- Collaborating and consulting with peers, colleagues, manager, and regulators to resolve issues and achieve goals
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications:
- Full-time program for Master's and PhD candidates. This is a 12-month rotational program that starts in July (1-month classroom training followed by two rotations).
- Summer internship for Master's and PhD candidates. Program length is 10 weeks.
- Open to students pursuing a degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Quantitative Finance, Operations Research, Applied or Computational Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Excellent computer programming skills and use of statistical software packages such as Python, R, SAS, SQL, Scala/Spark, C++ and Java.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
Capital Markets Track: Mathematical and numerical methods including Monte Carlo methods, differential equations, linear algebra, applied probability, and statistics
Risk Analytics and Decision Science Track: Data analysis, statistical modeling, Machine Learning/AI models, data management, and computing
What does my future look like?
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be permanently placed in one of Wells Fargo's model development or model validation groups:
- Traded Products Model Development
- Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Model Development
- Risk Modeling Group
- Commercial Banking Model Development
- Consumer Modeling
- Retail Investing and Financial Advice Model Development
- Market and Counterparty Risk Analytics
- Mortgage Model Development
- Corporate Model Risk
Where are the opportunities?
Summer internship and full-time opportunities are located in Charlotte, NC. Additional locations may be added based on business needs.
Learn about the Centers of Excellence of the Quantitative Analytics Program.
Learn more about the application process
Back to University Programs page