Caring for Commercial Banking customers
Commercial Banking supports large corporations, mid-sized companies, governments, and not-for profits. Build your professional skills, network, and prepare for a career in Commercial Banking by joining this development program. As a program participant, you will take part in exclusive professional development and credit training and engage in on-the-job experiences across multiple business lines to prepare you to support our Commercial Banking customers.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile. Select "Early Career/Student" as your Career Status.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with Relationship Managers, Product Specialists and Credit Underwriters to structure multi-million-dollar transactions in specialized industry or product groups.
- Conducting in-depth market research to support our business development efforts.
- Contributing to the launch of new business initiatives or internal communication efforts.
- Understanding and evaluating customer needs to effectively identify Wells Fargo products and services that can help clients achieve their goals.
- Engaging in creative thinking and idea generation to prepare discussion materials or pitch presentations that address issues impacting our clients or prospects.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications include:
- Full-time program for seniors. Program length is 2 years.
- Summer internship for juniors. Program length is 10 weeks.
- Program is open to all majors with a demonstrated interest in financial services and working with corporate clients.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills, solid problem solving and decision-making skills, and work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
What does my future look like?
Potential career path after completion of the program could include:
- Relationship Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Business Development Officer
- Loan Syndication Analyst
- Secured Lending Relationship Associate
- Business Execution Consultant
Where are the opportunities?
Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $10 million. Several of our main business lines are Client Coverage, Credit Solutions and Global Treasury Management.
Internship and full-time opportunities are located in major metropolitan areas nationwide based on business need.
Learn more about the application process
Back to University Programs page