Explore a career as a CIB Analyst
Start exploring what it takes to be a Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Analyst and develop financial and analytical skills that will take you further at one of Wall Street’s fastest growing investment banks. You’ll work hard, but you’ll be rewarded with an exciting experience providing significant responsibility and client facing opportunities that will accelerate your career opportunities.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile. Select "Early Career/Student" as your Career Status.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining models to depict projected financial results and values to companies
- Working closely with senior bankers to prepare presentations and other materials for clients
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Participating in strategic planning and assisting in the execution of advisory services
- Conducting financial and credit analysis, preparing credit packages, and monitoring existing deals
- Participating in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications include:
- Full-time program for seniors. Program length is 2 or more years. Analysts start with a six- to eight-week training program in Charlotte, NC before beginning work with their business unit
- Summer internship for sophomores and juniors. Program length is 9 or 10 weeks. Summer analysts will participate in an immersive five-day training session located in Charlotte, NC.
- Placement in one of the following program tracks: Investment Banking, Asset Backed Finance, Corporate Banking, Sales & Trading, Commercial Real Estate, Public Finance, Economics.
What does my future look like?
Potential career path after completion of the program could include:
- Private Equity Analyst
- Strategy or Operations role at a start-up/VC-backed company
- Corporate Development and/or Corporate Strategy positions
- Promotion to Associate
- Various graduate school opportunities
- Additional opportunities across the Wells Fargo platform, including other offices globally
Where are the opportunities?
Summer internship and full-time opportunities are located in:
- Charlotte, NC
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
Limited opportunities are available in:
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Philadelphia, PA
- Washington, D.C.
Learn more about the application process
Back to University Programs page
Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking is the trade name for the corporate banking, capital markets and investment banking services of Wells Fargo & Co. and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, member of NYSE, FINRA, NFA and SIPC, Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, member of FINRA, NFA and SIPC, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and Wells Fargo Prime Services, LLC, are distinct entities from affiliated banks and thrifts.