Explore a risk management career with Wells Fargo
Corporate Risk provides effective risk oversight and decision-making across the organization. We are closely integrated with Wells Fargo businesses providing risk management and follow a clear engagement model that promotes challenge and the escalation of material issues and information to the right audiences. We are committed to setting a global standard in managing all forms of risk (market, model, compliance, operational, and strategic enterprise risk management) and helping to serve customers' needs while protecting their assets, information, and privacy.
The Corporate Risk Development Program focuses on early risk career leadership, professional development, and overall business acumen to prepare you for leadership roles in risk management. As an associate, you'll participate in key development and job rational opportunities to help you build leadership skills and gain an understanding of risk management at Wells Fargo.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile. Select "Early Career/Student" as your Career Status.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in and providing consulting and support for projects and initiatives with moderate risk
- Working with internal stakeholders, lines of business, enterprise risk groups and risk partners
- Executing on strategic priorities and reporting
- Working in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Proactively identifying and resolving compliance matters
- Identifying risks and/or gaps through trending analysis and reporting results to stakeholders
- Building and sustaining relationships with peers, business partners, and the Executive Office
- Providing strategic support to risk and control teams in coordination and execution of initiatives
- Facilitating effectively in both a face-to-face and virtual environment
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications include:
- Full-time programs for recent candidates with undergraduate degrees. Program length is 12 months and includes two 6 month rotations
- Summer internship for juniors. Program length is 10 weeks
- BA/BS degree in any of the following: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Accounting, Analytics, Management and Risk Management or related field
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills and a high level of detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What does my future look like?
Potential career path after completion of the program could include:
- Operational Risk Consultant
- Compliance Consultant
- Business Initiatives Consultant
- Credit Risk Analytics Specialist
- Market Risk Consultant
- Business Support Consultant
Where are the opportunities?
Summer internship and full-time opportunities are located primarily in Charlotte, NC.
Other potential internship locations are available based on business need.
Learn more about the application process
Back to University Programs page