Explore an investment career with Wells Fargo
The Wealth & Investment Management businesses work together to help clients achieve financial peace of mind. Clients range from individuals planning for retirement, to high-net-worth families.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile. Select "Early Career/Student" as your Career Status.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior leaders, team members, individual contributors, and vendors.
- Providing customer service to clients and internal team members as needed and appropriate.
- Reviewing processes and workflows to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Bringing closure to issues, questions, and requests. Solving problems independently.
- Learning new systems, applications, processes and techniques.
- Leading or participating in projects or support activities which are moderate in size and organizational span.
- Understanding business needs and providing possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written communications to customers and/or management.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications include:
- Banking & Financial Advising Summer Internship for sophomores and juniors. Program length is 10 weeks.
- Cross-WIM Summer Internship for juniors. Program length is 10 weeks.
- Full-time program for recent college graduates within 18-months of graduation. Program length is 10 months.
- Completion of coursework in Business, Economics, Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Communications, English or related field
What does my future look like?
Potential career path after completion of the program could include:
- Client Relationship Group (CRG)
- The Private Bank (TPB)
Advisors Centers of Excellence (COEs)
- Advice and Planning
- Banking, Lending and Trust
- Investment Solutions
WIM Business Support
- WIM Advisor and Client Experience
- WIM Chief Administrative Office (CAO) and Transformation
About these opportunities
Hiring opportunities are in Banking & Financial Advising or various Cross-WIM roles:
Banking & Financial Advising provides advice and guidance to help clients maximize all aspects of their financial lives. The business guides clients through short – and long-term advisory, brokerage, and financial needs.
This summer internship will be a client-facing role and placement will be aligned with Wells Fargo Advisor Markets to experience mentorship with Market Leaders and Financial Advisor teams, as a part of the Building Diverse Pathways Initiative. Building Diverse Pathways is a business initiative with the purpose of increasing diversity within the Wells Fargo Financial Advisor population.
After successfully completing the summer internship program, Banking & Financial Advising interns may be considered for the Premier Banking Associate Program.
Banking & Financial Advising hiring locations are available nationally across the Wells Fargo Advisors landscape. Past hiring locations included Boston, MA; Charlotte NC; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis, MN; San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Philadelphia, PA; St. Louis, MO; Washington, D.C.; and New York, NY.
Cross-WIM roles provide program participants hands-on experience in the fields of investment management, financial analytics, project management, consulting, and beyond in a “home office” or “middle/back office” environment. Summer interns will be placed in one of the following businesses:
- Advice & Planning Center of Excellence: WIM’s advice framework with tools, technology, and access to advice expertise for advisors and clients, along with family-office and practice-management support.
- Banking, Lending & Trust (BL&T) Center of Excellence: Unlocks access to WIM products and services based on client needs related to banking, lending, and trust.
- The Private Bank (TPB): WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and several specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high- net-worth clients
- Investment Solutions Center of Excellence: WIM’s investment expertise, solutions, and product offerings. Includes Wells Fargo Investment Institute, which creates core investment strategies, investment research, and other forms of intellectual capital to support WIM.
- Client Relationship Group: Oversees initiatives and support for financial advisor and team-led client coverage, including Wells Fargo Advisors, Wells Fargo Private Bank, and our digital and contact center teams.
Cross-WIM hiring locations are Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; and St. Louis, MO.
After successfully completing the summer internship program, Cross-WIM interns may be considered for the WIM Analyst Program.
Learn more about the application process
Back to University Programs page