Quantitative Associate Program
Wells Fargo hires a number of PhDs and Masters Candidates within the Capital Markets, Credit Risk and Operational Risk teams. The Quantitative Associate program is designed to provide you with the opportunity to gain comprehensive professional and industry experience that prepares you to develop, implement, calibrate, validate or audit various analytical models.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates and job alerts associated with your profile - select "college & early career" category and “early talent” as area of interest.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Developing and validating mathematical models for pricing and hedging complex financial instruments
· Calibrating statistical models for loss forecasting, credit risk scoring, risk segmentation and stress testing for a variety of products and processes
· Staying up to speed on industry challenges and new and innovative modeling techniques to ensure Wells Fargo maintains “best in class” practices
· Documenting and making recommendations for process improvements on credit and operational processes, work flows, and issues
· Understanding business needs and providing possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and written communication to management and fellow team members
Is this opportunity right for you?
Program structure and desired qualifications include:
· Full-time program for Masters candidates and PhDs. 12 month rotational program.
· Summer internship for graduate students.
· Open to students pursing a degree in a quantitative field such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Quantitative Finance, Operations Research, Applied or Computational Mathematics or Engineering.
· Ability to demonstrate first-hand knowledge in the areas of data analytics, modeling, statistical inference, computing, big data and machine learning, as well as excellent computer programming skills.
What does my future look like?
Potential career path after completion of the program could include:
· Securities Trading Products Modeling
· Market & Counterparty Risk
· Trading Products & Risk Model Validation
· Mortgage Modeling
Where are the opportunities?
Summer internship and full-time opportunities are located in:
· Summer internship and full-time opportunities are located in Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA or St. Louis, MO.
Learn more about the Application Process
Back to Early Careers Home Page
Click link to Meet our Team Members