Wells Fargo's Veteran Employment Transition (VET) Program
Here at Wells Fargo, we believe each of our employees offers something extraordinary and we consider military experience a tremendous asset to our work environment. That’s why we’re committed to hiring military veterans, veterans with disabilities, and active military Reserve and National Guard personnel. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and to achieve work-life balance. As a Wells Fargo employee, you'll receive a rich selection of benefits you can personalize to support your health and well-being, retirement, financial security, and work-life needs, including time off to participate in community service activities that are meaningful to you.
During this 8-10 week spring internship program, you’ll develop an understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time Wells Fargo employee as you deepen your professional experience and network by learning on the job and participating in special training opportunities.
The program begins in early April 2021 with an intensive virtual training and orientation session led by professional instructors and senior members of the Wells Fargo team. You'll network with your peers and Wells Fargo leaders while you develop your skills and knowledge of our financial products and services. Then, you’ll join a team where you will receive on-the-job training, mentorship, and development opportunities that include:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a team within your business group, you will learn how to perform the daily tasks and see how our actions serve our internal and external customers as a contributor, listener and observer.
- Professional support: You will be matched with a mentor who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the internship.
- Leadership insights: Wells Fargo’s leaders will provide insight on trends across the industry, our expectations, and how to make the most of your internship experience.
- Networking: Whether engaged in a veteran cohort experience, working with your team, or learning about strategies from managers, the networking potential through your experience is great.
2021 participating groups:
Wells Fargo’s goal to hire 20,000 veterans signifies a tremendous amount of support for our transitioning veterans. The following teams are potential groups participating in the 2021 program (subject to change based on line of business need):
- Commercial Banking teams are dedicated to helping small, mid-sized, and large commercial and corporate companies succeed financially. Commercial Banking teams include the business comprised of Core Market, Middle Market, and Specialized Industries, Treasury Management, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital.
- Corporate & Investment Banking supports clients through dedicated industry and specialty coverage teams with the knowledge and services you need today—and the vision and strategic capital that tomorrow’s goals demand. Our experienced bankers understand your market, advise with candor, and take pride in lasting, collaborative relationships. Our commitment to corporate clients spans our 150 year history, and creates powerful momentum for the future. We align our industry focused bankers with top companies in these sectors: consumer and retail; energy and power; financial institutions; healthcare; industrials; real estate; and technology, media, and telecom.
- Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
- Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
- Internal Audit conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- The Legal Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
- Public Affairs brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s stakeholders. This organization exists to support, strengthen and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation by building trust and positive societal impact for all of our stakeholders. Teams within Public Affairs include: Corporate Communications, Corporate Philanthropy and Community Relations; Government Relations and Public Policy; Platform and Digital Services; Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility and Public Affairs Chief Operating Office.
- Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
- Wealth & Investment Management businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
- Chief Operating Office
Opportunities will be available across the enterprise. Please click here to learn more about Wells Fargo’s lines of business.
Positions will be located in many cities throughout the U.S. Internship offers are made for a specific line of business and location based on candidate’s interest, experience, and business need.
After the internship
The goal of the program is to hire participants who meet performance expectations into similar full-time roles within Wells Fargo following the internship.
If you are a problem-solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, working hard to achieve a goal, learning new things, and improving yourself, this program might be a good fit for you. In addition, successful intern candidates are team-players who work well in a collaborative environment and have strong situational analysis skills. All ranks are encouraged to apply as we are hiring at multiple levels.
Applicants for this program must be off of ACTIVE DUTY no later than April 1, 2021 (no exceptions - except terminal leave and/or traditional Guard or Reserve status, which are eligible). If you are chosen as a final candidate, you must be able to attend the virtual final round hiring event in order to be considered for the program (see details below).
Please Note: We are no longer accepting ANY applications for the VET 2020 Program. We encourage you to visit https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/military for future opportunities.
VET alumni on their experiences
“I appreciated [Wells Fargo’s] true support to veterans. I cannot count how many organizations express support to veterans albeit without the culture and resources. There are many corporations that exaggerate their level of support to veterans as it is a popular philanthropic endeavor and a most worthy cause. However, Wells Fargo actually provided resources, funding and energy towards the veterans. I was truly impressed with Wells Fargo culture.”
"The VET program by far exceeded expectations I had going in. The people in charge of it were amazing, incredibly organized, knowledgeable and helpful in all situations."
"Orientation…starts the relationship process for the VET Interns. It was a key bonding and networking experience. It set the tone for what is expected and the culture of Wells Fargo."