Military Talent: Veteran Employment Transition (VET) Program and Hiring Forums
We believe each of our team members offer something extraordinary and we consider military experience a tremendous asset to our work environment. That’s why we’re committed to hiring military veterans, veterans with disabilities, and active military Reserve and National Guard personnel. At Wells Fargo, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work and to achieve work-life balance. As a team member, you'll receive a rich selection of benefits you can personalize to support your health and well-being, retirement, financial security, and work-life needs, including time off to participate in community service activities that are meaningful to you.
During this 8-12 week spring internship program, you’ll develop an understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time Wells Fargo team member as you deepen your professional experience and network by learning on the job and participating in special training opportunities. You’ll experience Wells Fargo’s culture first-hand, and see how our Vision, Values, & Goals drive how we work with our clients and one another.
The program begins in March with an intensive training and orientation session led by professional instructors and senior Wells Fargo team members. There, you’ll network with your peers and Wells Fargo leaders while you develop your skills and knowledge of our financial products and services. Then, you’ll join a team of experienced Wells Fargo team members for on-the-job training, mentorship, and development that includes:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a team within your business group, you will learn how to perform the daily tasks and see how our actions serve our internal and external customers as a contributor, listener and observer.
- Professional support: You will be matched with a mentor who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the internship.
- Leadership insights: Wells Fargo’s leaders will provide insight on trends across the industry, support of our Vision, Values, & Goals, and how to make the most of your internship experience.
- Networking: Whether engaged in a veteran cohort experience, working side by side on the desk with your team, or learning about strategies from managers, the networking potential through your experience is great. Formal events throughout the program vary by line of business and host location.
2019 participating groups (2020 groups to-be-determined)
Wells Fargo’s goal to hire 20,000 veterans signifies a tremendous amount of support for our transitioning veterans. The following teams participated in the 2019 program (2020 groups are to-be-determined):
- Corporate Risk Groups and Financial Crimes help Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk over several key areas: operational, market, credit, compliance and domestic AML.
- Enterprise Finance & Information Technology (EF&IT) brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo’s financial management, information technology, corporate development, corporate properties and security, and corporate strategy.
- Investment Portfolio focuses on managing a portfolio of investments worth over $400B, evaluating credit-driven investment opportunities on a risk-adjusted return basis across a broad spectrum of asset classes, including: loans, fixed income securities, structured products, and municipal bonds.
- Wells Fargo Securities is the fastest growing full service investment bank in the world crafting creative solutions for businesses.
Credit and lending groups:
- Business Banking serves business customers with annual revenues of $5-20 million.
- Middle Market Banking works with business customers with annual revenues of $20-500+ million and has the highest market share of middle market company relationships in the U.S.
- Commercial Real Estate provides financing to commercial real estate owners, developers and investors as is the largest Commercial Real Estate lender in the U.S.
- Government & Institutional Banking works with government entities and education, non-profit, and healthcare institutions.
- Wells Fargo Commercial Capital provides tailored, market-specific financing (Capital Finance, Equipment Finance, Corporate Trust Services, and Asset-Backed Finance).
Positions will be located in many cities throughout the U.S. Internship offers are made for a specific line of business and location based on candidate’s interest, experience, and business need.
After the internship
The goal of the program is to transition successful program participants into growth promotion positions within Wells Fargo following the internship, based on performance during the program.
If you are a problem-solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, working hard to achieve a goal, learning new things, and improving yourself, this program might be a good fit for you. In addition, successful intern candidates are team-players who work well in a collaborative environment and have strong situational analysis skills. All ranks are encouraged to apply as we are hiring at multiple levels.
Applicants for this program must be off of ACTIVE DUTY no later than March 30, 2020 (no exceptions except: terminal leave and/or traditional Guard or Reserve status, these are eligible). If you are chosen as a final candidate, you must be able to attend one of two final round hiring events in order to be considered for the program (see details below).
How to apply for the program
1) Complete the Intent to Apply no later than 11:59 p.m. Central Time on November 25, 2019. This allows us to contact you with further instructions when the official application period begins in late November. Please note - the intent to apply form is not a formal application, it is only step 1 in the process.
2) Applicants who have completed the Intent to Apply by the date/time noted above will be provided with instructions to complete the official application process when it opens in late November.
3) Selected candidates will be invited to participate in first-round phone interviews.
4) If you are selected to move on in the hiring process, you will be asked to attend a final round hiring event in either San Francisco (to be held January 29-30, 2020) or Charlotte (February 12-13, 2020). These events are regional (west coast opportunities will be hired at the SF event, east coast opportunities at the Charlotte event.) You must be able to attend one of the final round hiring events in order to be considered for the program. Travel and accommodations will be covered by Wells Fargo.
At the regional hiring events, you'll have the opportunity to meet and learn from successful Wells Fargo team members, understand the various lines of business that are hiring into the program, and experience Wells Fargo's unique values and culture. Activities include:
- An introduction to the financial services industry and the various lines of business hosting transitioning talent
- The chance to develop your professional network and learn key interviewing skills
- Presentations hosted by senior Wells Fargo leaders
- Networking opportunities
- Interviews for a VET internship position
If you do not meet the criteria for this position, but are interested in other opportunities for military veterans at Wells Fargo, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What past participants say about this program
- "The VET program is an opportunity that can’t be found anywhere else. It’s clear WF takes hiring veterans seriously."
- "The VET program by far exceeded expectations I had going in. The people in charge of it were amazing, incredibly organized, knowledgeable and helpful in all situations."
- "Orientation is the best part of the program! It starts the relationship process for the VET Interns. It was a key bonding and networking experience. It set the tone for what is expected and the culture of Wells Fargo."