Military Talent: Veteran Employment Transition (VET) Program and Hiring Forums
During this 8-12 week spring internship program, you’ll develop an understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time Wells Fargo team member as you deepen your professional experience and network by learning on the job and participating in special training opportunities. You’ll experience Wells Fargo’s culture first-hand, and see how our Vision, Values, & Goals drive how we work with our clients, and one another.
The program begins in early April with an intensive training and orientation session led by professional instructors and senior Wells Fargo team members. There, you’ll network with your peers and Wells Fargo leaders while you develop your skills and knowledge of our financial products and services. Then, you’ll join a team of experienced Wells Fargo team members for on-the-job training, mentorship, and development that includes:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a team within your business group you will learn how to perform the daily tasks and see how our actions serve our internal and external customers as a contributor, listener and observer.
- Professional support: You will be matched with a mentor who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the internship.
- Leadership insights: Wells Fargo’s leaders will speak to their take on the trends across the industry, support of our Vision, Values, & Goals, and advise on how to make the most of your internship experience.
- Networking: Whether engaged in a veteran cohort experience, working side by side on the desk with your team, or learning about strategies from managers, the networking potential through your experience is great. Formal events throughout the program vary by line of business and host location.
2019 participating groups (2020 groups to-be-determined)
Wells Fargo’s goal to hire 20,000 veterans by 2020 signifies a tremendous amount of support for our transitioning veterans. The following teams are participating the 2019 program (2020 groups to-be-determined and are subject to change):
- Corporate Risk Groups and Financial Crimes help Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk over several key areas: operational, market, credit, compliance and domestic AML.
- Enterprise Finance & Information Technology (EF&IT) brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo’s financial management, information technology, corporate development, corporate properties and security, and corporate strategy.
- Investment Portfolio focuses on managing a portfolio of investments worth over $400B, evaluating credit-driven investment opportunities on a risk-adjusted return basis across a broad spectrum of asset classes, including: loans, fixed income securities, structured products, and municipal bonds.
- Wells Fargo Securities is the fastest growing full service investment bank in the world crafting creative solutions for businesses.
Credit and lending groups:
- Business Banking serves business customers with annual revenues of $5-20 million.
- Middle Market Banking works with business customers with annual revenues of $20-500+ million and has the highest market share of middle market company relationships in the U.S.
- Commercial Real Estate provides financing to commercial real estate owners, developers and investors as is the largest Commercial Real Estate lender in the U.S.
- Government & Institutional Banking works with government entities and education, non-profit, and healthcare institutions.
- Wells Fargo Commercial Capital provides tailored, market-specific financing (Capital Finance, Equipment Finance, Corporate Trust Services, and Asset-Backed Finance).
Positions will be located in many cities throughout the U.S. Internship offers are made for a specific line of business and location based on candidate’s interest, experience, and business need.
After the internship
The goal of the program is to transition successful program participants into growth promotion positions within Wells Fargo following the internship, based on performance during the program.
How to apply for the program
Submit your interest in applying below.
The VET Program hires interns through educational hiring forums, where you'll have the opportunity to meet and learn from successful Wells Fargo team members, understand the various lines of business that are hiring into the program, and experience Wells Fargo's unique values and culture.
The forum includes:
- An introduction to the financial services industry and the various lines of business hosting transitioning talent.
- The chance to develop your professional network, learn key interviewing skills, and leave with a professional headshot.
- Presentations hosted by senior Wells Fargo leaders.
- Networking opportunities.
- Interviews for a VET internship position.
Submit your intent to apply to attend one of our hiring forums by completing the form below under “Application details”. (Note: Form is currently closed. Please check back in early summer 2019).
Forum dates and locations
The 2020 hiring forums will take place in January and February 2020. Dates and locations will be announced in fall 2019.
The program is open to all veterans in transition out of military service (transition by April 2020 is required), preferably with a bachelor’s degree in any major.
This application is currently closed. The 2020 application portal will open in early summer 2019 for the 2020 conference. Please check back later this year.