Wells Fargo's Veteran Employment Transition (VET) Program
Here at Wells Fargo, we believe each of our employees offers something extraordinary and we consider military experience a tremendous asset to our work environment. That’s why we’re committed to hiring military veterans, veterans with disabilities, and active military Reserve and National Guard personnel. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and to achieve work-life balance. As a Wells Fargo employee, you'll receive a rich selection of benefits you can personalize to support your health and well-being, retirement, financial security, and work-life needs, including time off to participate in community service activities that are meaningful to you.
During this 8-10 week spring internship program, you’ll develop an understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time Wells Fargo employee as you deepen your professional experience and network by learning on the job and participating in special training opportunities.
The program begins in early April 2021 with an intensive training and orientation session led by professional instructors and senior members of the Wells Fargo team. You'll network with your peers and Wells Fargo leaders while you develop your skills and knowledge of our financial products and services. Then, you’ll join a team where you will receive on-the-job training, mentorship, and development opportunities that include:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a team within your business group, you will learn how to perform the daily tasks and see how our actions serve our internal and external customers as a contributor, listener and observer.
- Professional support: You will be matched with a mentor who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the internship.
- Leadership insights: Wells Fargo’s leaders will provide insight on trends across the industry, our expectations, and how to make the most of your internship experience.
- Networking: Whether engaged in a veteran cohort experience, working side by side on the desk with your team, or learning about strategies from managers, the networking potential through your experience is great. Formal events throughout the program vary by line of business and host location.
2020 participating groups (2021 groups to-be-determined)
Wells Fargo’s goal to hire 20,000 veterans signifies a tremendous amount of support for our transitioning veterans. The following teams participated in the 2020 program (2021 groups are to-be-determined):
Corporate Risk Groups and Financial Crimes:
Corporate Risk and Financial Crimes help Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk over several key areas: operational, market, credit, compliance and domestic Anti-Money Laundering.
Credit and Lending groups:
- Commercial Banking delivers a comprehensive suite of products and industry expertise to serve the diverse financial needs of companies with annual sales typically ranging from $5 million to $2 billion. As a leader in serving commercial customers, Wells Fargo offers financial services including credit and treasury management solutions as well as specialized expertise across industries including technology, food, beverage & agribusiness, investor real estate and government.
- Commercial Real Estate provides financing to commercial real estate owners, developers and investors as is the largest Commercial Real Estate lender in the U.S.
- Wells Fargo Commercial Capital provides tailored, market-specific financing (Capital Finance, Equipment Finance, Corporate Trust Services, and Asset-Backed Finance).
Opportunities will be available across the enterprise (groups to-be-determined). Please click here to learn more about Wells Fargo’s lines of business.
Positions will be located in many cities throughout the U.S. Internship offers are made for a specific line of business and location based on candidate’s interest, experience, and business need.
After the internship
The goal of the program is to hire participants who meet performance expectations into similar full-time roles within Wells Fargo following the internship.
If you are a problem-solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, working hard to achieve a goal, learning new things, and improving yourself, this program might be a good fit for you. In addition, successful intern candidates are team-players who work well in a collaborative environment and have strong situational analysis skills. All ranks are encouraged to apply as we are hiring at multiple levels.
Applicants for this program must be off of ACTIVE DUTY no later than April 1, 2021 (no exceptions. except terminal leave and/or traditional Guard or Reserve status, which are eligible). If you are chosen as a final candidate, you must be able to attend the virtual final round hiring event in order to be considered for the program (see details below).
How to apply for the program
Please check back on this website for application details – we will be posting the application instructions in mid-October. You can expect the process to be as follows:
1) Application to open on our Wells Fargo Careers site in late November. Details to come. Please check back on this site in mid-October for further instructions, including the job posting dates and job ID number to search on our Careers site.
2) Selected candidates will be invited to participate in first-round phone interviews.
3) If you are selected to move on in the hiring process, you will be asked to attend a virtual final round hiring event on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. You must be able to attend the virtual final round hiring event in order to be considered for the program.
During the weeks leading up to the final round interview event, you'll have the opportunity to attend a series of educational webinar calls, where you will meet and learn from successful Wells Fargo team members, understand the various lines of business that are hiring into the program, and experience Wells Fargo's unique values and culture. Activities include:
- An introduction to the financial services industry and the various lines of business hosting transitioning talent
- The chance to develop your professional network and learn key interviewing skills
- Presentations hosted by senior Wells Fargo leaders
- Interviews for a VET internship position
If you do not meet the criteria for this position, but are interested in other opportunities for military veterans at Wells Fargo, please email us at email@example.com.
VET alumni on their experiences
“I appreciated [Wells Fargo’s] true support to veterans. I cannot count how many organizations express support to veterans albeit without the culture and resources. There are many corporations that exaggerate their level of support to veterans as it is a popular philanthropic endeavor and a most worthy cause. However, Wells Fargo actually provided resources, funding and energy towards the veterans. I was truly impressed with Wells Fargo culture.”
"The VET program by far exceeded expectations I had going in. The people in charge of it were amazing, incredibly organized, knowledgeable and helpful in all situations."
"Orientation…starts the relationship process for the VET Interns. It was a key bonding and networking experience. It set the tone for what is expected and the culture of Wells Fargo."